Monday, June 16, 2014

Diabetes Statistics world-wide

World-wide diabetes statistics

I was doing some research on what the world's diabetes statistics are and WOW.. I was amazed.. I added the link for you to look through, but let me say  that I was stunned that the top five are as follows..
1. China (92.3 million)
2. India (63 million)
3. US (24 million)
4. Brazil (13.6 million)
5. Russia (12.7 million)

I am sure that the total population has something to do with these stas, but I really didn't expect to see China as #1!!
I also found this info on the site.

Diabetes across adults and children

The following figures indicate the differing proportion of the two main types of diabetes across age groups:
  • Adults: 10% have type 1 diabetes
  • Adults: 90% have type 2 diabetes
  • Children: 98% have type 1 diabetes
  • Children: 2% have type 2 diabetes.

Adults and children combined:

  • 15% have type 1 diabetes
  • 85% have type 2 diabetes

What are your thoughts on this?

No comments:

Post a Comment